About Caper Digital
Meet the wizard behind the curtain
Nice to meet you!
My name is Kasia. I am an author, blogger and freelance writer. I am an avid reader and I love writing and all the intricacies of language involved with the process.
I have a degree in history from the University of Toronto, a communications certificate from Centennial College and an economic development certificate from the University of Waterloo. They all have helped me hone my research and writing skills.
I founded Caper Digital to help others with their online storytelling.
What I’ve written
Over the years, I’ve had various jobs that have equipped me with a wide range of skills that make it easy for me to write about different topics. I’ve worked in hospitality, retail, law, marketing and government—and gained experience working closely with academia, industry professionals and international businesses while doing so. Here are several examples of my work.
Business & TEchnology
Before I made the switch to self-employment, I spend over 10 years in economic development in regional and municipal governments. These roles included business expansion and retention, international expansions and sector development. I focused on strategic projects and activities as they related to economic development, data collection and statistics, performance metrics, and business and community development.
- Cryptocurrency 101: Making sense of Bitocoin, Blockchain and NFTs
- Stand-alone economic development website – good business practice
- What is Python and should you learn it?
- Wearable technology and health awareness
Social media & marketing
I am tech-geek and I love how technology has changed the way we communicate. I’ve channelled that curiosity to writing about digital marketing, social media and user experience trends that impact our daily lives. When it comes to research, organization and analytics, I feel right at home.
- Copywriting AI: Is this the future of writing?
- 10 Tips for creating killer website content that drives traffic
- Why you need a good analyst for your digital marketing
- AI: Another exciting social trend for 2018
- Why hiring a freelance writer is good for your business
- Why should you care about the Pokémon GO craze
Books and publications
I have published two books so far. One is a business book that focuses on how to turn your blog from a hobby into a business. It’s aimed at newbie bloggers and those interested in starting one. The other is my first fiction novel that follows true-crime podcasted Ava Reed as she searches for answers to the death of her mother, Sharon.
I channelled my love of travel into two travel blogs. Kasiawrites Cultural Travel focuses on culture, adventure, exploration and discovery in a responsible way. Amongst Romans is your gateway to everything Italy from an outsider’s perspective. Here are a few samples of my travel content:
- Roman architecture: why it still matters 2000 years later
- 10 Essential Hiking tips for beginners
- Exploring Cesis: Lativa’s charming 800-year-old town
- What was the Grand Tour of Europe and how to recreate it, 21st-century edition
- Ultimate guide to ancient sites and Roman ruins in Italy
- Why visit Naples, Italy? 7 Great reasons not to skip this underrated city
- Discover Italy’s Campania region flavours and attractions
- Visiting Pompeii and Herculaneum: 2 Ancient Roman cities lost to time